Saturday, April 5, 2008

Vermillion Knitters at Coffee Shop Gallery

Today I got to go to my first meeting at the Coffee Shop Gallery downtown, I had a really nice time starting to get to know the ladies there. Everyone was so welcoming and the Blue Eyes Tea was absolutely yummy - assuming either I can find childcare or (cross your fingers) dh will actually be available I'll be able to go to the next meeting too. I didn't actually knit anything, I knew if I tried I would be frogging later so I think I made a wise choice. The ladies were pretty diverse but had knitting and life in Vermillion in common, which is a great way to begin the bonding process.

Currently I'm listening to a new knitting podcast, missflipknits, and it's pretty enjoyable. I've really been getting into podcasts lately, they're great sources of information and keep me company while I do the obligatory minimal house cleaning so I can rush back to my knitting. :)

No comments: